First Baptist Church was founded in 1836 as a small prayer meeting in a General
Store run by Thomas Muse. The official organization dates to July 24, 1837 with the
adoption of a formal constitution. The origional name of this church was
MACEDONIA. The Church grew and moved in sucessively larger buildings. The
present sanctuary was built in 1912. In 1922 enlargements were made, including
excavating a basement for a Sunday school class. In 1932 additional buildings were
obtained for more Sunday school classes. In the late 40’s a brick education building
was added and in the 60’s a new fellowship hall and additional sunday school faciities
were added across Church St.
We invite all to come worship with us. We have a blended worship services on Sunday morning and a family atmosphere worship on Sunday evenings. We have programs for children, youth and adults. First Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church.